Illinois Donated Orthodontic Services
Dental Lifeline Network
1800 15th St., Suite 100
Denver, CO 80206
Toll Free Phone: 866-201-5906
Illinois Donated Orthodontic Services Program
WGN TV News Interview for more information about the program
Thanks to concerned orthodontists in the Illinois Society of Orthodontists, the Donated Orthodontic Services Program will provide care at a nominal fee to children whose families cannot afford needed orthodontic treatment. Participating orthodontists will be donating one or two cases per year to help qualified disadvantaged children.
Nominal fees will be charged to families who qualify for the program. As of November 1st, applicants determined eligible will be responsible for a fee of $200. This fee covers processing applications and the coordination of care. It does not go to the orthodontist, as he/she is solely volunteering his/her time. The fee will be collected after the child has seen the orthodontist and is determined eligible for the program.
Requirements for participation:
- Patients must be a resident of Illinois. Note: Cook and Lake Counties in Illinois are not currently accepting applications. Please check back later.
- Patients must be between the ages of 8-18; adults will be considered under special circumstances only.
- Patients cannot already be in braces or in between phases of orthodontic treatment.
- Parent or guardian must submit their most recent federal (and state if applicable) tax returns with their application.
- Patient must be ineligible for orthodontic treatment through insurance or public aid.
For more information, click on one of the links below:
If you are a patient and would like to apply for the DOS program, click here to view/download the application form.
Haga clic aquí para su aplicación en español
To view/download the DOS Patient Referral Guide, click here.
If you are a dentist and would like to know more about referring patients into the program, click here to view/download a letter about this program and referral form.
If you are an ISO orthodontist and would like to become a provider, click here to view/download the letter and application to be a volunteer.
To view/download the DOS Orthodontist Volunteer Brochure.
*These forms require Adobe Acrobat Reader to view. If you do not have Adobe Reader already installed on your computer, click the Adobe logo above to download.